Look what came home from school with Liam this week . . .
. . . YIKES!
This guy was appropriately named, "Harry" and has fascinated the boys in this house for the past few days. (There are cricket carcases littering the cage . . . AWESOME!) The instructions say that the more tarantulas are handled, the calmer they are. So I told Liam, "well, I guess you'd better start handling him." He smiled and said, "yup . . . do you have any gloves?"
p.s. Liam purchased this guy with his own money :)
10 comments:
Ewww! Thank goodness that's at your house and not mine! I can't even stand tiny spiders!
oh my goodness. i can't wait for those days (are you sensing my sarcasm) when my boys bring home disgusting bugs and reptiles. i think a tarantula would top the disgusting list, though. you're a brave woman.
You are a better mom than I will ever be! I would definitely say no to that! But you're right, if Harry is going to be your new housemate then Liam better start handling and bonding with that thing!
Ahhh! That scares me! I hope its not like the hermit crabs you used to have, that always found a way to get out of their cage :) I'm sure Liam and Harry will be good friends.
Perfect name for Harry! What a pick, Liam! He's pretty good looking - but also pretty scary to me! I'm sure you boys will love him! How's that holding him thing working out? I don't think I could do it - but I bet you're great at it!
Love you,
grammy
O MY GOODNESS!!!! I would NOT like this guy in my house. you are a brave mommy!
Taryn - That's funny . . . we STILL have hermit crabs (they are Caleb and Luke's) and we JUST found them this afternoon after Luke had let them out two days ago! As far as the spider, I told the little boys not to open his cage and Caleb said, "why would I do that? I'm AFRAID of him!"
eeeee! We kill things like that around here!! You're a good mama to let them have that guy! Love he name...Harry-hehe.
you are one REALLY nice (and brave)
momma!! I just scrolled down your blog and caught sight of this hairy beast! EEEK! Our boys like creepy crawly things... but fortunately for me and Mike who surprisingly has a fear of them, our boys don't care for spiders much.
ps- I love this picture of Liam and Caleb- they're so handsome :)
Post a Comment