MERRY CHRISTMAS!!!
At this time of year we like to reflect on our blessings, among which are our family and friends. We have been blessed through the years to be in the midst of amazing people, amazing examples. This year was no exception. We are grateful for the opportunities we have had to stretch ourselves, to be tried, to grow, to improve.
One of our greatest priveleges is to be parents to FIVE special children. As the years progess, we are increasingly humbled, and our respect and admiration for our own parents grows tremendously! We think they are INCREDIBLE! There is nothing more rewarding than being a mother or father. Just in case anyone was wondering, our family is now COMPLETE!! It's a wonderful feeling, and we excitedly anticipate this new chapter, RAISING a family. (although I still have pangs of saddness that the BEARING chapter is closing. --- such a happy stage of life, it's hard to move on!)
We are all well. It has been an adjustment moving to a new place, especially two days before school started. We hit the ground running, and we still havn't quite caught up! Still much to do to feel "moved in". But we like our new area, and are looking forward to putting down some roots. The kids are happy and busy. Quinn is working like crazy!! (as always) He is such a good daddy and husband. Even though we moved to the "city", you can't take the "country" out of the boy(s). Quinn and the boys still explore the outdoors and hunt and fish as much a possible.
And I feel like I should mention that our sweet baby Claire was born, June 27. She is a doll! She has BIG blue eyes and stops traffic every where we go!! She is such a happy girl, and can sure melt hearts with that smile.
We hope that this holilday season is filled with happiness and laughter. And may the new year hold blessings for you and your family.
All our love,
Quinn, Kjirsten, Liam, (Elizabeth), Caleb, Luke, and Claire
19 comments:
we love you guys!! merry christmas! we're looking so forward to the time when we get to see you again. :(
ps i totally agree with you about understanding more what mom and dad went through with 7 kids. i have the hardest time with two. i don't know how they did it.
It is so nice for this time of year which makes us stop for a while and remember all that we have been blessed with. Thank you for sharing this Kjirsten! We need to get together now that you guys live in the Metroplex!
I love Christmas letters and catching up on a whole year! We love the move you made and love that it is easier to get to see the kids! Your sweet family is amazing and we love the hugs and kisses! It is hard at times, but so worth it! One day you'll be old and you'll only remember the good stuff and you'll have grandkids and you can do all the loving and spoiling and give them back for all the hard stuff!
Merry Christmas - we love you all!
mom and dad
We love you guys! Merry Christmas! We miss you guys so much, and I really miss my nephews and neices. I am realizing that this Christmas that is what I miss most about being home with my family. Hope you have a wonderful Christmas!
okay, I didn't even know you had a blog until I read mom's card from you!! Did you tell me and I just forgot b/c i'm a dumb pregnant lady? :) So fun! You are on my "link" list now on my blog! Can't wait to see you! I'm so excited to get to see pictures of the kids too! Before this, the last picture I saw of Claire was her blessing!
okay...why aren't you following MY blog??!!! :)
Thanks for the update!! I love to read about what families have been up to. Glad to hear you guys are doing great!!
Have a Merry Christmas!! :)
Hey girl,
I was just kidding about being "hurt" that my blog wasn't on there yet. love you! I can't wait to see you guys!! Sydney is sooooo excited.
KJ! I'm so glad you have a blog. Your kids are GORGEOUS! Claire looks just like you. Well, I sent a Christmas card to your old house...sorry if it doesn't get forwarded. Have a great Christmas!
Liz Sackewitz
www.livingthedream-LB.blogspot.com
love hearing the little update! glad all things are well and you are getting somewhat settled! merry christmas back you you guys!
Kj- I am so glad you have a blog now. Everytime I go to Kate's blog I check her link list to see if by chance you or Kelly has started one. You kids are so beautiful. I am excited to be able to keep in touch! Like lIz, I sent my xmas card to your old address so I hope it got forwarded. Also congratulations on Claire- she is a doll. I so wish I could say I was done with the "bearing" stage of my children- But I just don;t know yet?!? Anyway here is my blgo address in case you didn't get my card: www.yourprettytoo.blogspot.com
I love and miss you guys. Say hi to Mandy and Jon for us!
Kari
Hey Kj,
I just joined the blogging world a few months ago too. I love peeking in on the lives of my family and friends, especially the ones I rarely see. I added you to our favorite blog list, you will have to check ours out at durlingfamily.blogspot.com.
Thanks for the Christmas card- your kids are adorable!
Tell the fam hi!
Love you guys!
where have I been!?! I thought you were on my list of people I follow (I'm positive I added you!)So I thought I'd check and see if you've updated and realized I couldn't find you on my list! Merry Christmas!!! I enjoyed your update. We love you guys so much and are going to miss seeing you this year:( Have a safe trip!
Kj!! My mom forwarded me your blog! How fun. I've actually googled you before thinking you'd probably have one :-) but not found one. You're family is stinkin adorable! I'm so glad you're doing this so I can peek in on you. I love and miss you!--Amy
Kjirst', it's Breezy May.
Glad you have a blog.
Here is the address to my little log-
happinest.tumblr.com
Love you lots. Xoxo.
Briana
I'm so glad you came to mom and dad's house so we could see you before either of us left. Thanks! It was so fun to see you again, and to see the little girlies together. We're sad we missed Quinn. We love you guys!
I am SO happy to see you blogging! Now it will be so much easier to keep up with your adorable family! And I love the name Claire... She does totally look like you, but with the huge Grant blue eyes. So cute! Since I just got your new address, I will mail our Christmas card to your new home. Until then, you can check out what we're up to on my blog: thesyphusfamily.blogspot.com
Now we just need to convince Kelly to start her own blog!
Love, Stauce
Hi Kjirsten! It's Devon from Longview. Merry Christmas! Hope you guys are well!
Post a Comment