My sister Taryn and our brother in law, Brady did the cutest thing for our kids . . . they sent them a chain of candies and treats that they had made for them, with one to open each night of December, until Christmas day. It was like a Christmas advent. The boys loved it!! It was their daily highlight . . . they looked forward to it each night. I WISH I had pictures of it :(-- so cute! Thanks Aunt Taryn and Uncle Brady!
Here are a few random shots
Caleb's Christmas Program
Breakfast with Santa (Caleb's pre-school)
CHRISTMAS EVE
The kids and I went to my parents house on Christmas Eve. Quinn joined us later, when he was done delivering packages in his UPS browns. (hee hee) EVERYBODY at UPS has to deliver packages on Christmas Eve, even management. My sister Sarah, her husband Eric, and their little cuties Jack and Adeline were in town from Wyoming, to spend Christmas with Eric's family. We got to visit with them for a couple hours that night. Sooooo fun.
The stockings were hung . . .
while visions of sugar plums danced in their heads . . . dreaming of . . .
CHRISTMAS !!!
waiting to come downstairs
. . . and on to the loot!
Our dear friends (more like family) from Longview -- The Wrights surprised us on Christmas day! They called to say Merry Christmas and see how things were going, and while we were talking, the doorbell rang . . . it was them . . . on our front porch!! We were totally surprised!!
Miss Kelly and baby Claire
THEN . . . my mom and dad and brother Brett came and played Santa! And we had a big Christmas feast.
It was soooo fun!
In the whole eleven years we've been married, this was the VERY FIRST Christmas we have EVER had in our OWN home. It was really nice. We're excited to take some of the wonderful traditions from both sides of our family, and develop some of our own as well. If you have any you'd like to share . . . we're making a list!
11 comments:
What great pictures! I love how cozy the ones look of the tree and stockings at night.
What a fun Christmas! Claire's blue eyes are just killing me... So incredibly adorable! I so want to see you and your cute family in person!
Ahh! sorry about that SUPER long post- I got carried away!
love you!
I love all your Christmas pictures!! (The lighting of the tree and stockings is so magical! I love Caleb singing with school, Claire in the Santa hat, the placing of baby Jesus, and how tired Luke is on the stairs Christmas morning and how full life and excitement he is in the living room!) How fun to put cookies out in your own home, have stockings on your own fireplace, Santa came to your own house and you got to open presents in your own living room!! Christmas at your house and the memories are priceless!
~Mom
What a cute family! Jack saw you in the pictures and said, Mama! Christmas looks like it was a success! I LOVE the pic of Luke on his horse! So cute!
Great pictures! Looks like you had a fun Christmas. This year was the first time in several years we weren't at our own home...like everything, both ways have positive and negatives. :) Regardless, Christmas with kiddos is fun, fun, fun!
Love all the pics!! Looks like a fun Christmas with LOTS of fun memories! Claire's eyes are sooo pretty!! What a cute family! :)
PS I can see why Sarah's Jack would think you were his mama... :)
Its so fun to see pictures of your cute kids, plus some of you and Quinn too. I miss you guys!
Looks like so much fun! Claire is the cutest with those big eyes! And what good friends to come surprise you on Christmas, that is so special! Great post. :)
Kj, wow, that Claire's eyes are stunning! All your kids are so dang cute! And I love your house, gorgeous wood floors. What a fun Christmas, Kjirst! I love seeing your pics :-)
It looks like you guys had a wonderful holiday! I can't get over Claire's beautiful blue eyes. She is gorgeous. I am loving being able to see your little family through the blog world.
Post a Comment