Wednesday, March 25, 2009

Caleb and Mama

Last month, my sweet Mom came and watched Luke and Claire so that Caleb and I could have a "special day" together, just me and him. We decided to go to "The Heard, science and nature center" here in town. We had a great time. I love my Caleb boy. I'm so glad I got to have him alone for a little while. I was reminded how important it is to do this with each of my children, such precious time.




So, at this place, they had an "animatronic dinosaur" exhibit, outside along the pathway. This is pretty much why we were going -- to check out the dinos. We happened upon the first few and they were big and cool, but not moving. Bummer. I guess they weren't working -- lucky us. But Caleb didn't really care -- I think he just liked being outside on a walk with his mom. (I'm probably humoring myself here :)







So Caleb is pretty confident at this point, he was going up to each dino and posing for a picture for me, and then this happened . . .





It was so funny!! Caleb was a LOT slower to approach the rest of the dinosaurs. In fact sometimes he didn't even want to pass by them. There was one dino that spit water -- man did he get me good in the back of the head!! -- Caleb liked that. Anyway, we waited until right after he spit again, and I told Caleb to run past him. He wouldn't budge -- he was frozen. Funny boy.



We also visited the animal exhibit there . . .







and some of the other neat exhibits . . .






Caleb got to pick out a little souvenier from the shop and then we were off to McDonalds!! A great day with a SUPER SWEET and SPECIAL boy!! I love my Kay-bub.

12 comments:

Anonymous said...

I love that video! SOOOOO CUTE! I'm glad you got to spend alone time with Caleb - and I love some special time with Luke and Claire!
~mom

AmyJ said...

Aww..what a good Mama! That looks like a fun place-perfect for a boy :)

I think it's fun to do things alone with each kid too...makes them feel special :)

Carrie said...

i loved the video! it cracked me up. colson loved seeing pics of his cousin caleb (and dinosaurs, too, of course).

how fun that you got to go on a little mommy/son outing. i bet that was a lot of fun for him (it's ALWAYS fun for the mom). that's a cool place you went!

how nice of grammy to watch the others so you could have time with sweet little caleb!

Kristi said...

It is so important to spend time with each child individually and it's easy to forget! Thanks for the reminder, I need to plan some fun things for my kids alone. That video was funny! He's a cutie!

Stacey said...

That video is hilarious! Super cute... And what a good reminder to me (especially with a new baby) that I need to make a special effort to do something 1-on-1 with each of my kids. I SO wish we lived closer so I could watch what an amazing mom you are and get some tips :)

Devon said...

What fun! We're going to have to go there!

ryan and danielle said...

what a special day! i bet he really enjoyed his time with mama too!

caroline said...

What a fun and special day for both you AND Caleb! He's a lucky boy to have such sweet mom. I can tell from his cute smiles that he enjoyed himself. That clip was too funny!!!

taryn said...

I LOVED the video! Not only because it was hilarious, but also because it was so fun to see and hear sweet little Caleb's voice again! We're coming out in May and I had almost forgotten the last time I was in Texas... it was a year and a half ago. Cute pics of a cute mama and her cute boy :)

Eric said...

HA HA! What cute boy! That place is brilliant! What little boy wouldn't love it/

Kate said...

AHHHHH!!! How fun!!! As soon as Rylin gets old enough I REALLY need to do this w/ my girls. I need to do it now, but obviously can't! What a fuun place!

Kristi Clinger said...

I found your blog. YEAH!!