Saturday, April 18, 2009

Easter . . .

at Grammy and Grampy's house! My brother Mike and Sister-in-law Caroline were there, from Austin, with their four cuties. We had a great day Saturday . . . we played and played and played outside, ALL day!!





Bella, Grampy, and Claire

Liam and Josh and their "brick city"

Luke filling Savannah's tank with sand

We planted pumpkin and canteloupe seeds in Grampy's garden

We colored eggs

And there was a whole lot of soccer played by the uncles and cousins!


That night Caleb had a really bad stomach bug. Four loads of laundry and three showers for Caleb throughout the night = no sleep for me. And Claire was just getting over croupe . . . she looked like this the day before . . .


So Easter Sunday wasn't quite what we (O.K., I) were hoping for. The Easter bunny DID come however, and left full baskets and hidden eggs . . .






No family picture this year . . . not even a picture of just the kids, but I did manage to almost get a picture of Claire in her Easter dress. She was playing with a toy and it was in every picture except this one.
Everyone went to the Singles ward this year (where Dad is in the Bishopbric) . . . except for Caleb and me. I did the breakfast dishes, swept and vacuumed, while he rested and watched an Easter show. My Caleb turns very cuddly when he is sick -- and I was so grateful for that little time I had with just him, to cuddle away. (I tried to remember not to be a "Martha" and choose instead, the thing that was MOST important.)

When everyone got home, I crashed with Claire. I even missed Mom's big Easter feast. It was still really good, a few hours later though!



All in all, it was a great time with family . . . we are so blessed.

11 comments:

Eric said...

So sad for all the sickies! I'm glad Easter turned out all right though. Claire is so cute in her little Easter dress. I think I'm starting to see a little bit of Liam in her face. Its so fun that you guys got to see some cousins. You can tell all of the kiddies really loved it!

Carrie said...

aww! sorry it didn't turn out quite like you would have liked. that's a bummer, but at least you were with family. and it gave you a chance to cuddle with sweet little caleb!

i loved the boys 'brick city'. way cool! and i'm happy to see dad's doing the garden again! fun!

claire looks BEAUTIFUL as always, in her easter dress! it didn't even cross my mind to dress my boys up. i wore a pretty easter dress but they were just dressed the same as always. then i see EVERYONE has their cute kids on their blog in their easter best. oops! maybe next year.

it looked like the kids all had a great time!

i'm jealous that taryn gets to come out next month :( no fair! have fun and think of us! wish we could be there too. love you!

ryan and danielle said...

sounds/looks like all the kiddos had fun with each other! how fun to get some of the family together! sorry you had the sick bug going around though. hope everyone is better now!

Liz said...

Why does the stomach flu appear at the WORST times. I don't get it. Looks like you had a great time anyways. Love Claire's Easter dress!

taryn said...

You're kids are growing up so fast! Claire is beautiful, and all your boys are as handsome as ever :) I'm sorry to hear about the sickies, but you were a good mama for taking care of your babies and being able to see the good side of things. Glad it was still a good Easter!

Kate said...

I feel your pain on Caleb's stomach flu. I went through that with Sydney while I had the flu and was pregnant as well. I felt so bad for her....and for me! haha. Poor little Claire and her breathing treatment! awwwwww. It was so fun to see Quinn this weekend, but we missed you all too! He was so cute showing off his baby girl to everyone. At Memama's party, he showed everyone pictures of his girl, Claire. It was so sweet to see him so smitten by her. She is GORGEOUS! It's a good thing Quinn and Claire's brothers know how to load a gun...haha. They'll need it when she's a teenager.
Love and miss you all. Sydney can't wait to see y'all this summer. She already has a water balloon fight all planned!

Christi said...

I love the shirtless egg dyeing-I don't know if it was from hot soccer games or no splashing egg dye, either way I thought it was great. So fun to see your kids-love the dress :). Sorry you had some sickies. It is kind of nice to chill with the sick kids, and even though it is inconvenient on a holiday, it sometimes helps to slow us down and not get so holiday frantic. Anyway, I'm glad your Easter was nice-and spent with family (jealous). Hope everyone is on the mend...really hope it was not a stomach thing to be passed to everyone else...ewwww, yuck-a mother's life is hard.

Devon said...

Hey Kjirsten!! I cannot cannot cannot get over how big Claire is!!! Your family is so beautiful!

caroline said...

I was so sad that poor little Caleb got so sick, that sweet Claire had to have breathing treatments and that you got NO sleep and had to clean up the yuckies on Easter!!! :( BUT- we still loved getting to see your family and loved getting to spend some time with you. Our kids are already asking when we get to see you all again. We need to plan something for the summer. I hope everyone is feeling better now. Love you!

AmyJ said...

Love all the pictures! How fun for Grammy and Grampy to have so many grandkids over for Easter! Sorry for the sicknesses and the lack of sleep-that's rough :(

Anonymous said...

It was so fun to get home from Utah/Wyoming and have the house full of grandkids! Thank you all for coming! I'm sad for all the sickness - poor little dollies!! (and poor mom for all the clean up and lack of sleep)! We had a great time!
love
grammy