Monday, December 1, 2008
where do I begin?
It's kind of hard to know what to start writing about . . . considering so much has happened that I want to record (remember -- JOURNAL). But I guess this isn't the place for a detailed history, so I'll just do a quick update:
We moved to Longview (East Texas) five years ago, with Quinn's job. Our family consisted of Quinn, me, Liam (4), and Elizabeth, in spirit. While in Longview we added three more children, Caleb, Luke, and Claire. Longview was a wonderful place to raise a young family -- small town feel, strong sense of community, southern values and manners, extremely nice people, AND pretty (piney woods). We made some great friends there, and we miss them. We moved (job transfer) to a great area, north of Dallas, just a few months ago. It's very different from Longview, but also has great things to offer our children and family. We really like it, and we're excited to finally put down some roots.
So, in the past few months, we had our fifth baby, sold a house, bought a house, moved, started the kids at a new schools (two days after moving), and are gradually getting to know our new area and make new friends. . . . Life is good.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
10 comments:
see- you're a pro at it already! :) Good job it looks great!! It will be fun to be able to keep up with each other this way- happy blogging!!
ps- let me know when you go public so that I can add you to my spy list
yea!!!! i'm so excited that you have a blog! i've been waiting.
am i not allowed to add you to my blog list yet?
I'm so excited too! I was hoping you'd start a blog. You're kids are getting so old, and I only see them once a year. This will help us keep up with whats going on with all of you!!
Hey family! . . . So fun to see comments from you all! Thanks! p.s. How do I add you to my "followers" list, and how do I go public so you can add me?
hey kj! we CAN already add you. I did. i think we just weren't sure you wanted us too, yet. the only reason we WOULDN'T be allowed to add you is if you were PRIVATE, which you're not. if you ever DID want to go private, you'd have to invite everyone through email.
anyway, you can make a list by going to customize, add page element (or gadget), and then go to blog list and add each blog URL, one at a time. if this isn't making sense, i'm sure sarah or caroline could SHOW you if you'll see them at christmas time.
Ahh, I'm the last to comment. I just now checked my email and saw that you had started a blog, and of course immediately came to see it! I love it, and I can't believe how big all your kids are, especially Liam. Sometimes I feel like he's my little little brother, since I still remember playing with him when he was just a tot :)
I'm so excited to be able to check in on your family once in awhile :) Love you!
I love that you all have blogs now!! Even though I see you more than any other family members, I still love staying caught up on the blog! Good job!
~mom
Hey there! I blog hopped over from Caroline's blog, hope you don't mind! I'm excited that you started a blog too! I want to keep up so can I add you to my friend list?
-Kristi Dickinson
yay! i am glad i blog-stalked you! hope you don't mind! i found you via eric and sarah's blog. i am so happy to hear you all are doing well and growing so fast! i can't believe how big liam is!!
Post a Comment